Friday

The Chaplet of Archangel Raphael

Here I go again, playing favorites with the archangel Raphael.  But give this girl a break, I’m only keeping my part of the bargain.  Nine days ago, I began a novena to the Archangel of many hats for a miraculous intervention and promised that I would say the chaplet for nine days in thanksgiving if my petition was granted.
Well, I got a little greedy.  I decided to not only ask for one favor but three.  Yes folks, three. Next. To. Impossible. Intentions.  You know, just in case one got shot down, I’d have the other two for back up.  Besides, I pinned something on Pinterest that quoted St. Theresa of Avila as saying “You pay God the highest compliment when you ask for great miracles.” So, technically I went all out and paid God three times the highest compliment.  Anyway, on the last day of the novena, I received my answer early in the morning after my daughter disappeared into the woods and came out with:
Three. Not one, not two, but three blue bell flowers.  Bluebells and I have a special heavenly connection.  Naturally, it was the appropriate chosen language that the good archangel used to communicate with me because he knew it was one only I would understand.  His message was so ton-of-bricks-whack me-over-the-head clear to me: my petitions will all be granted in God’s perfect time.  I know it.  (And share it when it comes to pass because I’m in no hurry either.)
That means, in my greed, I’m saying three chaplets in thanksgiving for nine days.  But how could I mind?
 The chaplet of Archangel Raphael, my friends, if you began the novena with me and received favorable answers:
This is by far the most beautiful prayer card of A. Raphael I've seen.
  Get it at www.etsy.com/shop/pocketfullofmiracles
The chaplet to St. Raphael the Archangel has a set of 9 beads and 3 end beads for a total of 12 beads over and above the medal.


On the medal, pray the following words:

"You are Raphael the Healer,
You are Raphael the Guide,
You are Raphael the Companion
Ever at human sorrow's aide."


On each of the 3 small beads, say the Hail Mary to Mary, the Queen of angels.


On each of the 9 following beads, in honour of the 9 angelic choirs, one in honour of each choir, (Angels, Archangels, Thrones, Dominations, Virtues, Principalities, Powers, Cherubim and Seraphim) say the following prayer:

Holy, holy, holy Lord, God of Hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your Glory!
Glory be to the Father:
Glory be to the Son;
Glory be to the Holy Spirit!


Conclude the Chaplet with the following prayer:

"Saint Raphael,
 angel of health,
 of love,
 of joy 
and light,
 pray for us."